It’s been a cold, rainy and lazy Sunday here in Chicago. The better part of the day I’ve been sitting here in my room searching for new music in the blogosphere, lurking on last.fm and listening to some pretty mellow and sad bastard tunes. Perfect rainy day listening in my opinion. I thought I would upload my playlist to share with you all. Enjoy!
1. I Can Not Have Seen the Light – Magnolia Electric Co.
2. Won’t Be Long – Ferraby Lionheart
3. Wisconsin – Bon Iver
4. My Sympathy – Kurt Vile
5. Your Mother’s Ghost – J. Tillman
6. Heathen’s Kiss – Horse Feathers
7. Hutterite Mile – 16 HorsePower
8. 90-Mile Water Wall – The National
9. In The Long Run – Sam Beer
10. You’re All Around – The Felice Brothers
11. Take These Thoughts – Chris And Thomas
12. Love Long Gone – DeYarmond Edison
13. Cold As It Gets – Patty Griffin
14. Karina – Ryan Adams
15. The Weight Of Lies – The Avett Brothers
16. It Will Follow the Rain – The Tallest Man On Earth
17. I See a Darkness – Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy
18. Choirs Lament – Tenlons Fort
19. I Was A Cage – Right Away, Great Captain!
20. It Must Be Raining There Forever – Jason Molina
21. The Sun Never Shines – The Deep Dark Woods
Download all the mp3s as a zip file: here
Speaking of last.fm….come find 3/5th of You Crazy Dreamers over on that site.
Make sure you join the last.fm “Slowcoustic” group created by my co-blogger Smansmith. He puts up a monthly playlist for download over on slowcoustic.com for members of the group. Smansmith has some damn fine taste in music (just sayin!) so really it is in your best interest to join this group. Trust me on this one.